sendmail

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jul 9 20:29:51 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012 12:59 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/10/2012 01:58 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> Wrong.  I had to set sendmail up to use my hosting company as a smarthost because I
>> needed to use it to update linuxcounter.org and my ISP blocks outbound port 25.  I
>> added this line (among other changes) to sendmail.mc and rebuilt sendmail.cf:
>
> You too didn't read all my messages where I corrected myself......

That's because I read my email in the order it was received (not
threaded) and reply to it as I go.  BTW, if anybody needs instructions
on how to set sendmail up to use a smarthost on port 587 I'll be happy
to provide it.  (A friend of mine became very unhappy with his ISP's
email service.  By request, I set him up with an email address at my
domain and sent him these instructions so that he could set everything
on his Linux box up properly.)