Fedora 17 - Only one kernel

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Tue Jul 10 13:31:22 UTC 2012

On 10.07.2012 11:26, Dave Cross wrote:
> On 10 July 2012 10:15, Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible
>> that broken kernel which won't boot or cause any other serious problems
>> is released in Fedora 16 or 17? I know that in Rawhide something might
>> go wrong, but in 16, 17?
> It's happened to me more often than I'd like. Probably once per
> release (and I've been using Fedora right from the start).

Lucky me, I can't remember going into such unpleasant situation with
different Linux distros so I thought only one kernel will be enough.

> Often it's just drivers that haven't been updated, so it's just a case
> of waiting a couple of days until another yum update fixes it. But I'd
> be screwed if I didn't always keep the last known working kernel
> around.
>
> Dave..

Maybe having two kernels installed is more comfortable, you'll never
know when something breaks. I must reconsider my initial idea. Thanks a
lot for any thoughts.

Mateusz Marzantowicz