NetworkManager strange stuff -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 10 21:28:24 UTC 2012

    This is F-17/64 bit.

    The dd-wrt router assigns dhcp addresses on our LAN. However this
    computer 192.168.1.9., if I let NetworkManager assign an address via
    dhcp it insists on assigning 192.168.1.10, the next unused dhcp
    address no matter what I enter under NM edit Automatic. If I go to
    NM edit and assign the address as Manual it becomes 192.168.1.9 as
    expected. Obviously the simple solution is to stay with the latter case.

    My question then is, is this to be expected due to two dhcp servers
    trying to assign an address, or am I doing something wrong?.

    Bob

    .

    --
    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD