wine-mono is not welcome

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Wed Jul 11 12:11:51 UTC 2012

On 11.07.2012 13:24, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
> <mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
>> What is the difference and what is wrong in being cross-platform?
> There is nothing wrong with being cross-platform.
> You must have misread, or misunderstood what I tried to say.
>
> I said that WINE is useful for running Windows apps that might not be
> available on Linux.
>
> I also said that WINE serves that niche, but doesn´t try to "infect"
> Linux apps (ie Mono hooks in Gnome).
>
> FC

Could you please explain what do you mean by: "infecting" Linux apps? Do
you refer to using C# for programming? If so, what is wrong in that?
Couldn't developers choose the language they want? Are we saying that C#
is bad only because it was designed by Microsoft? This way any other
language can be blamed because of something. What real programming
problem is solved by going into this language discrimination? Can I say
that Java is infecting Linux apps because it's now influenced by Oracle?

Mateusz Marzantowicz