Motherboards

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:30:56 UTC 2012

Gary Hodder wrote:

> I am wondering what motherboards users are using on there Linux box?

I have had 2 different Asus motherboards over the years, and I always had intermittent
and difficult to assess problems. Sometimes, I would boot and my hard drives would not
be there. A few tries and reboots later, and all was fine for a few days. Sometimes,
there would be no keyboard. This only happened with USB keyboards, never ps/2
keyboards. Sometimes, there would be no CD/DVD drive. The system would boot, but when
I opened k3b, there would be no drive present. After rebooting, it was back for a few
days. Etc.

Then, I switched to Intel motherboards. Not a single problem. I always get Intel
motherboards with Intel graphics. These are sensational. Presently, I have the INTEL
DQ45CB with an INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6320 1.866GHz Processor. I have had it for about 2
years, and I doubt I will need to upgrade for at least another couple. It has been a
great buy and my next one will be Intel, too.