Motherboards

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 07:17:05 UTC 2012

Tim wrote:
> With the comments of I have no problems with them, versus I've nothing
> but problems with them, I wonder whether this is due to different people
> getting boards made for them in different countries.  Or, a distribution
> channel that damages boards in transit.

Or different generations of motherboards having particular problems: I
saw several Asus motherboards (I think they were from the A8N family),
bought at different times from different suppliers, where the chipset
fan died after a year or two.

If you bought a motherboard where the chipset didn’t need a fan, you
wouldn’t see that problem…

James

--
E-mail:     james@ | And that bird was singin' up a storm. Chirp, pause,
aprilcottage.co.uk | chirp. Almost a pulse, really. Astonishing how...