WARNING: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-uWzXtf/pkcs11: No such file or directory

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:37:44 UTC 2012

On 07/14/12 13:02, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:
>> WARNING: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-uWzXtf/pkcs11: No such file or
>> directory
>
> I bet you are not using Gnome. This affects all non-Gnome or Unity desktops.
>
> <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2012-July/001392.html>

Suvaya,
  that's correct. I'm using KDE.  I apologize for not mentioning that
earlier.  What's interesting, and may be part of the problem, is that I
run KDE as my desktop; however, when I logout I always get a gnome3
login prompt, specifically gnome-shell --gdm-mode rather than kdm.  Why
this is the case I don't know.  The workaround of editing the

/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop

file does resolve the issue; however, I probably wont use it so I'll
know when it's really fixed.

Thanks for the pointer.

Paolo