gdm lacks language & kbd layout selection

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 15 08:37:46 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 04:05 PM, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> It seems as gdm login screen now in F16/F17 not offer language and
> keyboard layout selection, thus my question:
>
> - It is possible somewhere in configuration turn on this offer?
>
> - when not, which login manager is able do it? (I switched to Xfce
> from F14, thus preferably some one appropriate for this DE)

kdm doesn't either.....  I don't know if others offer it....but I gave up on it
anyway since font and font size settings weren't always optimal switching between
English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.  As well as other things....

So, I just ended up making different logins for each one and setting the LANG in the
.bashrc accordingly.  Then setting up shared directories.  Things are much easier now
too that Chrome and Firefox have "sync".

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage