Changing default apache index page

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:44:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have an fc17 box with a few virtual hosts, all of which have
index.php as their index page. For some reason it continues to go to
the default fedora welcome page, despite there being an index.php in
the document root.

Even with the only reference to DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf being
"DirectoryIndex index.php", and nothing else, it continues to go to
the welcome page. I've tried making index.php first, followed by
index.html, and it doesn't change.

If I wrap the DirectoryIndex around "<Directory />" tags, it works as expected.

What is the proper way to ensure my index.php page is loaded for all
virtual hosts, and the default /var/www/html page?

Searching for this seems to indicate it may be a bug? I can't see how
that could be possible. I otherwise had no success in finding a
solution.

Thanks,
Alex