HOWTO update F17 machine with no internet access

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:39:23 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I have tried, and used it several times. You have to install
gnome-packagekit-extra - and you receive an small util that able to
collect dependencies for an computer. The key is - that both computer
must have this tiny util, to generate lists, and the diff will be the
update in one single rpm. The problem lies within the details, because
most of our rpm's are not containing always every dependency for some
reason. But - sometimes - if this function evolves to BTRFS,
alltogether with smolt, drivers profiling that will be awesome.

But readme to this function is here:
http://www.packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#service-pack

2012/7/20 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Mark Haney <markh at abemblem.com> wrote:
>> I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm having trouble finding it.
>> Mainly due to the fact I'm not entirely sure what to search for. Anyway,
>> I've got a F17 system, which, for various reasons, does not have internet
>> access.  It does sit on a small wireless LAN, however.
>
> I believe packagekit has a "service pack" functionality just for this
> kind of use. As far as I know the way it works is, you create a
> service pack on a machine with internet connection and then use that
> to update other machines offline.
>
> Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself.
>
> --
> Suvayu

> --

PGP:  06853DF7