HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jul 22 19:40:36 UTC 2012

    This is Fedora 17/64 XFCE. I have been trying to install a network
    printer, HP-P1006 Laser Printer. No matter what I do when I get to
    the end of the process and do a test page nothing prints, it just
    shows Status: Stopped - Printer  error.

    It seemed to require "hplip.plugin."  I've gone through the install
    process several times, the last time with "setenforce=0" to no
    avail. That via the Administration > Printer gui. I also tried CUPS
    with similar results.

    The HP-P1006 requires USB input and is connected via a D-Link
    DP-301U USB Printer Server which is the interface between Ethernet
    and USB and has worked without a problem for several years with a
    Brother 5140 laser printer. I do not usually have any problem
    setting up network printers but this one appears to be unique with
    it's "hplip.plugin" requirement. I am not certain that my efforts to
    install that have been successful.  At any rate "hp-setup" never
    "finds" the printer.

    Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

    Bob

    --
    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD box9