HP-P1006 Laser Printer -

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 22 21:16:23 UTC 2012

On 7/22/2012 1:54 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
> <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net <mailto:bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>> wrote:
>

>        This is Fedora 17/64 XFCE.
>

> I have an HP P1005 and have to have everything installed that an hplip
> search in the software market - Activities -> Applications ->
> add/remove software -  calls up under this search (I believe there are
> 4 other programs), then upon printing I must make sure that I choose
> the second "print" option.
>
> The other option is to uninstall every hplip program and install the
> xqx driver.

With an HP 7510 under F16 xfce, I found that I got things running with
"system-config-printer cups hpijs hplip hplip-gui xsane". I was then
able to use hp-setup and everything behaved except some of the lp
commands (the command to check the queue if I remember correctly). To
those working, I lost other capabilities so I decided to not work about
it as it does what I want.

Whenever I move to a new fedora, I'll see if I can figure that one.

Paul