Linux note-taking apps -- what's your favorite

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:13:37 UTC 2012

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
> Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> wrote:
>

> Greetings,
>
> I'm considering using one of Linux's note-taking apps:
> Zim
> gnote
> tomboy
> and some others.
>
> Any personal favorites from their respective user bases?
>
> Much thanks,
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz at brama.com

Zim, as a desktop wiki. The new TOC feature is great.

Notcase is not maintained. There is a Pro version though.

You might want to take a look at Freemind. I find this app terrific.
You can set attributes/values, filters, create physical styles, and so
much more. I use Zim as a linear note taking, and Freemind for
anything else: concepts, ideas, brainstorming, to memorize software
shortcuts and commands, etc.
--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex