Apache2 directory listing problem F16

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:12:17 UTC 2012

> The problem is, no matter what I do, I get an access denied error.

Here is what I have on my desktop at work to allow everyone to
get to a directory where I have ISO images for various
linux distros installed, seems to work for me (but I do have
selinux disabled):

# And throw in /caliban/install-iso as well
#
Alias /install-iso /caliban/install-iso

<Directory /caliban/install-iso>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   Options +Indexes
</Directory>

I seem to recall there is also some mysterious setting
somewhere I had to dig up at home because certain files
are hidden by default (with names like README - no idea
why you'd want to hide all README files).