Fedora 16 Installation and mysql installation

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 29 04:20:28 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 11:48 AM, Prashanth Kasula wrote:
> We brought a new box from HP having 64 bit architecture with raid 5 , 16 GB RAM , 500 GB each H.D.D now started installing with Fedora 16, by using the default partition scheme of fedora and got installed sucessfully ,started facing troubles in getting crashed firefox , now not able to set the password for mysql.

FWIW, on this list you should just "ask your question".   Since you seem to have 2 distinct issues, you would be better served to create 2 distinct threads by sending 2 separate emails.  One about the firefox issue and one about the mysql issue.  Otherwise, things can get confusing quickly.

When you phrase your question, it is best to include relevant error messages in detail.  For example, in the case of mysql you should copy/paste the procedure you are using.  Others may disagree, but I've found that showing what one is doing is better than describing what one is doing.  :-)

So, just ask away.  If you get silence in response, then folks don't have an idea.  Or, it is a very nice weekend where they are and they are out enjoying themselves....or watching the Olympics.....  In other words, don't expect immediate attention.  :-) :-)

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage