Fedora 16 Installation and mysql installation

Prashanth Kasula prashanthkasula at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 07:34:38 UTC 2012

Hey Manish,
Thanks for your information!

Firefox : firefox is getting crashed  with bug report, not wxactly having
the information.

Mysql : trying to set password with the below command for the couple of
times and it is  throwing error that means not able to accept the password

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Manish Kathuria <
mkathuria at tuxtechnologies.co.in> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Prashanth Kasula
> <prashanthkasula at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ALL,
> >
> > We brought a new box from HP having 64 bit architecture with raid 5 , 16
> GB
> > RAM , 500 GB each H.D.D now started installing with Fedora 16, by using
> the
> > default partition scheme of fedora and got installed sucessfully ,started
> > facing troubles in getting crashed firefox , now not able to set the
> > password for mysql.
> >

> > If any body can help me for the above soln appreciate
> > --
> > Prashanth Kasula
> >
> > .
>
> There isn't any information why firefox crashed. But if you have
> configured the network and can access the internet, update firefox to
> the latest version using the command:
>
> # yum update firefox
>
> In case you have not set the mysql password so far use the following
> command:
>
> # mysqladmin -u root -p PASSWORD
>
> where PASSWORD is the password you want to set for mysql
>
> Also run
>
> # mysqladmin -u root -h HOSTNAME -p PASSWORD
>
> where HOSTNAME is your system's hostname
>
> --
> Manish Kathuria
> --

Prashanth Kasula