installation fails

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:41:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 06:05:02 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> On 07/29/2012 05:38 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> > From my point of view: I saw this rather long final installation phase
> > too (I guess about 15 min). Not only in F17 but in F16 too, and I
> > don't know what exactly happens during this time.
>
> It is time spent (mostly) running the %postinstall scrips for each of
> the packages installed during the main phase.  You can switch to vt2 and
> run top in the shell and watch the madness.

It's not %post.

The rather new final step is the RPM "Verification" of installed packages
you can also observe when using Yum. In Anaconda, the progress bar is at
99%/100% already and doesn't move anymore because the time this step takes
is unaccounted for.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.15 0.24 0.25