Linux or GNU/Linux

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 30 05:38:09 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 01:09 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor wrote:
> Just thought about asking you guys what the actual name is, Linux or GNU/Linux (In our Bangladeshi community, we're really divided on this issue).
>
> I personally prefer Linux , what do you think?

By this question, I assume you are asking about the Linux Kernel?

If so, using GNU is completely irrelevant as the Kernel is currently released under GPL v2.

FWIW, I prefer to call it "Fedora".  :-) :-)

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage