Apache2 directory listing problem F16

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Jul 30 16:48:26 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 09:38 AM, Steven Stern issued this missive::

>>> Run restorecon as suggested by the troubleshooter.
>>
>> Yep, that did it.  Sometimes I wonder if the devs of SELinux are sane.

They're sane. You have to understand just what they're trying to
accomplish and there's a lot of stuff to try to protect from. Try
looking at a grsec'd system if you want some "least privilege"
complexity.

> It would be nice if there were a  cp option to adopt the context of the
> target. Currently, -Z requires that you set the context.  I suppose it's
> a good idea to keep you from shooting yourself in the foot by coping a
> file that shouldn't be visible on a web site.

You can use "--preserve=context" to maintain the SELinux context of the
source file. You can't adopt the context of the target since you're
overwriting it. Makes sense if you think about it.

-  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a  -
-                              rigged demo.                          -