Fedora 17 cannot boot on my pc...

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Tue Jul 31 18:38:48 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 12:20 PM, Georgios Petasis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am facing a problem booting Fedora 17: the pc freezes unless I use "acpi=off" in kernel parameters, in grub.
> If I use acpi=off, fedora boots and works ok, but cannot power off the pc after a shutdown.
>
> How can I solve this issue?

So you have to choose: either you can power on or you can power off. :-)

More seriously, I suppose your Fedora already has all the updates, is there
any BIOS update available for your pc?

Do you have any hints about where the problem could be? (try removing "rhgb", "quiet"
and so on from the grub command line so you can see all the kernel output).

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it