Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 04:26:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:11, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> Why?  All of the Microsoft fanbois will have it and you'll be able to use it
> on your Mac.  Like it or not, that's well over 90% of the market, and to
> Adobe, that's all that matters.

I think that´s looking at it from the wrong side. What Google
effectively did with this move is give their propietary browser a
competitive edge, while depriving its open source competition (Firefox
and all Gecko based browsers) from a critical plug-in*.

Of course that´s just my POV...

FC
* As much as I despise Flash I have to admit that having no access to
it restricts access to some web sites
- George Orwell