Can't access DVD - CORRECTION -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 3 01:38:21 UTC 2012

On 02/03/12 20:24, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/03/2012 09:12 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>        Probably as much as because I've always done it that way as any.
>>         I like to see the boot messages and don't always need to bring
>>         up the desktop display right away.
>>
>>         Is there some reason I should not do that, other than that it
>>         may be contributing to some problems presently, problems that
>>         were not anticipated and never happened before?
> Well, in reading the bugzillas you brought up they all point to your
> issues being connected with the "startx" process and its adverse effect
> on Xfce.  If I were in your position, I'd be changing to the normal
> runlevel 5 start-up rather than fighting and fixing stuff.  I'm just
> lazy that way.  :-)

        There's no doubt you're right but I don't mind the extra steps
        since they're not often required and I guess I'm just too old to
        accept change. It's just that these things all converged on me
        at once, I don't often need to scan anything, less often need to
        get pictures off the camera, and until buying this set of
        lectures never viewed a dvd other than testing to see if it worked.

        However, your assistance and comment are very much appreciated.