USB3/PCIe -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Mar 5 13:43:43 UTC 2012

        I have an Fedora-16/64 computer in which I have plugged in an
        SIIG "DP USB 3.0 4-port PCIe i/e host adapter." The computer, an
        HP DM5700, acts as though it's not there? Dmidecode shows the
        PCI Express system slot "available" with the card present.

        I looked at the BIOS setup stuff and saw nothing that I
        recognize as controlling that, but it could be something I don't
        know.

        So I guess my question is does it seem that I should be able to
        plug the card in and have Fedora-16 recognize it? Does the fact
        that it doesn't show up in dmidecode indicate that there is a
        more basic problem, perhaps a jumper missing, etc. None of the
        HP DM5700 documentation I have found is of much use in this area.

        Bob