Is there some trick to booting F16 minimal install CD?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Mar 8 00:07:30 UTC 2012

I made a minimal CD to start an install from hard drive.
It doesn't work.

The boot menu asks me to install or troubleshoot.
Hitting enter for install results in lots of text
scrolling off the page followed by catatonia.
The first time, the last line was incomplete.
The next time I used
linux ks=http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/anaconda-ks.cfg
The last line before catatonia included something like "end of dump".

The CD is not bad.
It's an exact copy of the iso from which it was made.
I read it back and did a diff to make sure.
The iso's sha256sum is
a4a7cc83163a2cecf1420c64d48123d0887e165aa17a72b8920f8d70bf003a65 .

How do I debug this?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily