Abrt quota in F16?

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:16:27 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> wrote:

> In my experience, abrt is the most useless application there ever was
> on Fedora.
>
> Here is what happens for me: after something crashes, I am offered the
> option to submit bug reports. I usually accept this option. I go
> through an entire sequence of steps, some of which involve
> waiting for the downloading of mountains of debuginfo files. I try

You can send the data to a backtrace server in order to have it done
remotely instead. No need to do anything locally.

> and submit through Bugzilla but have always failed at this point! So
> all this effort and time to waste.

Strange, I take it you have already checked your firewall settings and
bugzilla account info? I have never had issues with the automatic
submission.

> Life is much better with a sudo yum erase -y abrt after every fresh
> install -- I think it is best to submit Bugzilla reports the
> old-fashioned way when one wants to.

IMHO Abrt is great for syndicating information about similar software
issues. Besides, it is to be preferred for the casual user (submitting a
GOOD bug report i non-trivial). To each man his own though.

> Sorry for the strong reactions. Too much time and effort of mine has
> been wasted by this stupid application.
>
> Ranjan
>

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:21:20 +0100 Christopher Svanefalk
> <christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Tried, it only allows quota configuration for crash reports, not
> debuginfo
> > files. Thanks though!
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:

> space