Power off button acting differently?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Mar 15 08:42:58 UTC 2012

I've recently noticed that my classroom machines are acting
differently when using the power button to shut down. With past
versions and originally with Fedora 16, the power button would
cause it to do the same as a shutdown. But know it seems to go
into a hibernation mode, and the power light is blinking.

Attempts to get it to wake up fail, and only pressing and holding
the power button in to shut it down, or removing power will get it to
go off. Then for some reason, it will then boot up, and then restart
again before going to a normal operation?

Is there some setting to get the power button to do a shutdown
and not a hibernation or sleep?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11926173.979681   |   EINSTEIN     7492607.729852
ROSETTA      4310274.120874   |   ABC         11692116.681891