Blocked Ports

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 19 09:52:04 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 05:42 PM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> It started as trying to access inbound for the two ports in question.  It has now
> morphed into connecting either way on anything.  I am about to the point that I am
> going to start saving website and Apache configs and rebuild the darn server!

You didn't say it specifically, but is doing a cursory search about the ports you
mention would I be correct in thinking you want to place your DirecTV DVR on the
network such that you can get access to it via something like their Android app?
But, there is a "Fedora Server" between your ISP router and the DVR?

If that is the case, then you would have had to set up port forwarding at the
"Fedora" box...which I am now assuming is reachable from the internet?

And, did your outbound issue happen after you made some changes?

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis