Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Sat Mar 24 13:24:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 06:18:45 -0700 Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 10:37 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> > On 03/23/2012 05:27 AM, Craig White wrote:
> > > no - if command line syntax/invocations are challenging, you can do this
> > > rather simply via the 'system-config-services' gui.
> >
> > Assuming, of course, that your DE has something like that.  Not all
> > Fedora users run Gnome, you know.
> ----
> No - but I was assuming that a Fedora user would at least at least have
> enough sense to try running system-config-services before jumping to any
> conclusions and thus find out that it is an executable that will run
> irrespective of the DE.

Actually, as I mentioned a couple of days ago, there is now no option
to start the job upon reboot in system-config-services. It had to be
started at every reboot unless the systemd command was given to enable
it at boot. I brought this up with respect to the sshd daemon.

I had this issue on a LXDE spin. Is this a bug?

Ranjan