Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 25 01:27:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 11:30 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/24/2012 06:18 AM, Craig White wrote:
> > No - but I was assuming that a Fedora user would at least at least have
> > enough sense to try running system-config-services before jumping to any
> > conclusions and thus find out that it is an executable that will run
> > irrespective of the DE.
>
> My finding it on either of my machines would prove nothing as I migrated
> both of them from Gnome to XFCE and still have various Gnome stuph on them.
----
regardless of whatever DE you choose, packages run because the necessary
libs are installed. That is why I can use evolution with KDE (Evolution
is a Gnome program through and through). Likewise, Firefox depends upon
Gnome libs and you couldn't run FF on Linux without them.

Migrated or fresh install, the full 'GNOME Desktop Environment' group
package set installed or not isn't material to whether
system-config-services gets installed or whether it works.

I don't understand why you sought to insert yourself into this thread
since you only created a tangential thread which focuses on your lack of
knowledge and intellectual curiosity.

Craig

believed to be clean.