Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 25 09:48:45 UTC 2012

Am 25.03.2012 11:05, schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> the answer to a question was "system-config-services"
>
> I must confess that I was not aware of this program.
> In general I've found system-config-* programs -
> in particular system-config-printer and system-config-network -
> are more likely to cause problems than solve them.

i was not the one who recommended it because i never use
any GUI crap since i can type commands and make symlinks

> In any case, thank you for pointing out this program
> (though you could have done it more courteously).

as said i pointed not out the program, i was only angry that
Joe Zeff does not shut up with his "Not all Fedora users run
Gnome" to prove again his absent knowledge of anything

> However, I just tried the program on my Fedora-16/KDE laptop,
> and it seems to be less than the complete answer.
> Enable, Disable and Start are greyed out on my system,
> and there does not appear to be a Status tab.

as said: i do not use the graphical crap

use "systemctl enable/disable/start/stop" and since it's
otput are the symlinks it creates and removes it should
be very easy to learn how to act with specia services like
openvpn or by "cat something.service" even to learn in 30
seconds how to write your own simple unit-file