Unable to mount (samba) location on Fedora 17

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Tue Mar 27 14:29:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have recently installed Fedora 17, one on my EeePC and second inside
KVM virtual machine on my desktop.

The problem is that I cannot access my shared folder, exported on my
Ubuntu Samba Server from Nautilus on Fedora. When I use smbclient
command - it works! I am also able to mount my samba share from command
line on both EeePC and KVM. I have all recent updates installed on all
systems.

I have disabled firewall and SELinux but the problem persists and it
seems that it is related to Nautilus and not anything else. I have
different passwords set on my samba server and clients (same user name),
but Nautilus does not ask me for neither user name nor password.

Is there anything I can do/set/etc. to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any reply,
Mateusz Marzantowicz