in case you did not know about kerTeX distribution

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 00:14:49 UTC 2012

--- On Tue, 3/27/12, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> that it is missing:
>
> for 32 bit fedora
> rkconfig:  Checking LEXLIB: not found!
> rkconfig:  There were 1 libes not found! Stop!
> rkconfig:
> rkconfig:  LEXLIB is missing:
> rkconfig:
> LEXLIB
>        The library provided by the
> LEX program, `libl' or `libfl' if `flex'
>        is installed and the symlink
> libl.a has not been made to libfl.a

> for 64 bit fedora
> rkconfig:  Checking LEXLIB: not found!
> rkconfig:  There were 1 libes not found! Stop!
> rkconfig:
> rkconfig:  LEXLIB is missing:
> rkconfig:
> LEXLIB
>        The library provided by the
> LEX program, `libl' or `libfl' if `flex'
>        is installed and the symlink
> libl.a has not been made to libfl.a
> # yum install flex-static
>
> solves this problem so make sure it is installed before you
> run the script.
>
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/get_mk_install.sh
>
> The script runs as regular user, there is no need to run it
> as root.
>
> $ chmod +x get_mk_install.sh
>
> then you may download the rest of the packages available
>
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/amstex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/latex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/graphics@latex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/babel@latex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/cyrillic@latex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/ams@latex.sh
> $ wget http://downloads.kergis.com/kertex/cracs@latex.sh
> $ chmod +x *.sh
>
> then run
> $ ./amstex.sh install
> will install amstex
> $ ./latex.sh install
> will install latex
> $ ./graphics at latex.sh
>
> will install graphics capabilities for latex
>
> and so on.
>
> Paths will need to be added manually to ~/.bash_profile for
> the shell to find tex in case you take the initiative to
> install it.  It can comfortable live with texlive, and
> tetex in that it does not aim to take over as the main tex
> distribution.
>
> dvipdfm, pdftex, pdflatex are not found in KerTeX.  But
> dvips is present and outputs to postcript.  AMSLatex
> was recently added as a package.  It is a small and
> portable TeX Distribution.
>
> To include graphics in latex documents, use
> \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
>
> In case you run into trouble with fonts/font generation when
> using -G option in dvips
> $ dvips -G -t letter $1.dvi > $1.ps
>
> then, as root user
> # echo ';ams;' > /usr/local/share/kertex/fonts/mf/KXPATH
>

> as it has this bug.  It will be fixed shortly.
>
> Should you take the plunge to try out kerTeX, and have
> questions, comments, observations, please let me know so I

Forgot about something :(

when getting the packages, ./latex.sh, /amstex.sh, etc.

[students at localhost kerTeX]$ ./graphics at latex.sh install

KERTEX_VERSION=0.9999.3.0
KERTEX_HOST=linux-x86_64-3.2.10-3.fc16.x86_64
KERTEX_SHELL=/bin/sh
KERTEX_BINDIR=/usr/local/bin/kertex
KERTEX_LIBDIR=/usr/local/share/kertex
KERTEX_MANDIR=/usr/local/share/kertex/man
KERTEX_USER0=root
KERTEX_GROUP0=wheel

graphics at latex.sh:  latex: FOUND.
cd: Fatal error: Certificate verification: Not trusted
This is TeX, kerTeX C Version 3.1415926
! I can't find file `graphics.ins'.
<*> &latex graphics.ins

Please type another input file name:

To solve this:
cd: Fatal error: Certificate verification: Not trusted

Run from command line
$ cat >~/.lftp/rc <<EOT
> set ssl:verify-certificate no
> EOT
$

and retry the installation of the packages.  I knew I forgot something.

Happy TeXing & LaTeXing

Regards,

Antonio