External eSATA drive not recognized on 2nd power up

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 29 11:00:25 UTC 2012

On 03/29/2012 03:14 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Will you settle for something easy to give a data point? When powered
> down, unplug the eSATA box and replug. If /var/log/messages tells you
> anything, share it with us, if it suddenly works again, that's a data
> point.

No change and no messages at all. Here's what I did: turn off the
external disk (which was recognized), watch the ata & sd messages in
/var/log/messages about the disk no longer being there, wait a minute,
remove eSATA cable, wait a minute, plug eSATA cable back in. Nothing.
Powering the external disk up also does not make a difference.

> In the mean time, I have a similar issue, and will try powering up the
> system with the RAID already up and see if it solves one of _my_
> problems, the eSATA box works with some boxen and not other, so I will
> try all states of power on, off, cable connected, and see what it
> yields. I thought the cheap ATOM system just had an unsupported chip for
> the connect.

Good luck. Hope you find a way to make it work.

Regards,
Patrick