What is removing files from /tmp?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu May 3 03:44:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, 02 May 2012 at 20:24:46 Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 05/02/2012 07:47 PM, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> > Does anyone know of another mechanism for this?
>
> Just out of curiosity, why don't you want files to be removed from /tmp?

Because I have the bad habit of sometimes creating directories in /tmp
to try experiments in.  I also sometimes stick research papers and other
tidbits from the web in /tmp till I have time to think about where to
properly file them.  Then I don't.

In any case I've operated for years this way.  I just hand-clean the cruft
every so often.  You can't teach on old dog ...

Now that you know my dirty little secret, can you tell me what could be
gratuitously cleaning /tmp?

Dean