What is removing files from /tmp?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 3 06:10:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 19:47 -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> older files _still_ get removed from /tmp. I've rebooted at least
> once.

While I can't answer to why old files might be disappearing, other than
to check more than just *daily* CRON entries (hourly, weekly, specific
hours of the day), I'll suggest one thing:  If you want to keep /tmp
contents through a reboot, make sure that /tmp isn't mounted as tmpfs.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.