Recovery of Evolution mails and settings

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:12:24 UTC 2012

2012/5/7 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>

> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 09:20 +0200, antonio.montagnani at alice.it wrote:
> > I made a full copy of a F16 users directory.
> >
> > I made a fresh installation of
> > F17...now I want to transfer settings and mail to the new computer.
> >
> > I copied .
> > config/evolution and .local/share/evolution.
> >
> > It still starts asking for setup
> > of a new account.
> >
> > Where is my mistake???
>
> Your mistake is in not using Evo's built-in backup and restore
> functions. See
> http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.2/data-storage.html.en and
> follow the link to Backup and Restore.
>
> BTW this is a FAQ on the Evo list
> (http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list). Questions about
> Evo are usually better directed there than here, though of course it
> isn't Fedora-specific. And of course questions about F17 should go to
> the Test list since it isn't released yet.
>
> poc
>
> --

you are right about the list....Can I ask a question??
If you make a fresh installation, you are requested to set an account, that
is done even if you have copied back your backup folders ..and Restore of
backup is done after you have set an account: what am I missing??? is it
correct???
Thunderbird has a different behaviour, if you copied back folders you are
not asked to set up an account.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52