Please stop apps going into state D uninterrupted sleep !!

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue May 8 21:20:31 UTC 2012

> As I tried to explain, rewriting a couple of apps is not going to hack
> it. The apps don't*know*  they're using a networked filesystem, they're
> just accessing files.

I suppose there could be a command line switch to control this.  Please
understand that I'm only discussing ways this *might* be fixed, on a
program by program basis.  Actually getting it done would require
persuading the maintainers that it's worth the effort unless somebody's
willing to step up, do the work and then get them to accept their patch.