failures in boot.log

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 06:53:45 UTC 2012

On 05/11/2012 02:55 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 03:45 PM, JD wrote:
>> FC16:
>> 3 failures in boot.log, for which I ran the status query:
>>
>> # systemctl status tcsd.service
>> tcsd.service - LSB: Init script for TCSD
>>        Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/tcsd)
>>        Active: failed since Fri, 11 May 2012 01:29:24 -0600; 6min ago
>>       Process: 961 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/tcsd start (code=exited, status=137)
>>        CGroup: name=systemd:/system/tcsd.service
> If you don't have a TPM installed then the startup of tcsd will fail.  What TPM do
> you have?
> If you don't have a TPM then you should either "yum erase trousers" or "systemctl
> disable  tcsd.service"
>
> You also could "/usr/sbin/tcsd -f" for more information as to why the daemon didn't
> start.

I ran rpm -qa | grep -i tpm and got nothing.

# /usr/sbin/tcsd -f
TCSD TDDL ERROR: Could not find a device to open!

The kernel I am running is the vanilla fedora 16 release
kernel-3.3.4-3.fc16.i686.
So, I turned tcsd  off.
Is this service enabled by default even though the machine has no tpm
device?

Thanx for the heads up.