audio notification from system

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:37:02 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012 12:28 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/12/2012 02:29 PM, JD wrote:
>> FC16.
>> What is the daemon that plays a sound, seemingly
>> at random, and it sounds like a rattle ?
>>
>> I have heard this while running previous versions of fedora.
>>

> I'm fairly sure it is DE dependent.  One can make KDE quite noisy by going to "System
> Settings-->Common appearance and Behavior-->Application and System Notifications".
> Applications such as T-Bird have their own settings....  My cat managed to enable
> that, in the middle of the night, and it took a while to track down the "random beeps".

I looked at Settings->Appearance->Settings->Event Sounds
It is not checked.
I continue to get this rattle sound being played many times
while system is up and running.
I checked thunderbird, and it has all it's even notifiers unchecked.
Is there anything else to look at? I would really like to put a stop
to this (without having to mute the audio output).