Fedora 16 continously rebooting

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Sun May 20 13:38:24 UTC 2012

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:45:01 PM Alan Cox wrote:
> > Is it not possible that anything in the software somehow is causing this ?
>
> It is certainly possible, however the only thing that ought to be capable
> of causing an accidental reboot is the kernel (hence the 'try old kernel'
> comment) or maybe the X server
>
> [try booting "norhgb 3"]

I did try removing "rhgb" and boot to runlevel 3. Still no luck. I also tried
all the older kernel I had. Same thing. Even at runlevel 1 it's still
rebooting few seconds after I got prompt.

The only "mode" that didn't cause reboot is "emergency" (i.e. changed "single"
to "emergency" as kernel argument in grub, which as Fedora doc stated doesn't
load any init."

Thanks
AC