ZFS on linux for fedora

Andre Goree andre at drenet.info
Wed May 23 04:40:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012 00:32:04 -0400, Edward M <edwardm1 at live.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>

>    got a question about zfs. Has anybody have used or are usingZFS on
> linux <http://zfsonlinux.org/> in Fedora? And
>    if so, is it possible to delete certain exsiting ext4 filesystems and
> create zfs filesystem in there place on the same drive fedora is
> installed, or do i need to add an extra drive and go from there creating
> zfs filesystem within fedora?
>

> Thanks for tips and  ideas:-)
>
> PS: incase the above link does not work it is this:
> http://zfsonlinux.org/

This forum thread will likely be of interest to you:

I'm currently using ZFS on Centos 6.2 and have done so on Fedora 16 as
well.  I personally wouldn't use it for anything other than "proof of
concept", as performance was really bad in my experience -- nothing like
on FreeBSD, though obviously it's not purported to be, yet.