fedora main edition

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed May 23 16:39:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 12:36 -0400, Osmanys Fuentes Lomba wrote:
> Hi community, one question:  why the main edition of Fedora is with
> Gnome desktop?????

You will find after not much time on this list that this is a religious
issue. I suspect the real reason is that many (but by no means all) of
the Fedora developers are Red Hat employees, and Red Hat is also a
primary contributor to Gnome development. That said, as no doubt many
others will chime in to say, there is nothing preventing you from using
one of several other supported desktop environments, including KDE, with
Fedora. I think it's great that we have several choices.

--Greg