3G Key

Patrick Dupre pdupre at kegtux.org
Mon May 28 11:31:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a 3G key:

Bus 001 Device 011: ID 12d1:1436 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
   bDeviceSubClass         2 ?
   bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x12d1 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
   idProduct          0x1436
   bcdDevice            0.00
   iManufacturer           4
   iProduct                3
   iSerial                 0
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:

When I plug it on a laptop, it is automatically recognize and I can
give the
Pin number.
root      5954  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S    12:12   0:00
[usb-storage]
root      5956  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S    12:12   0:00
[usb-storage]

When I plug it on another computer, it is also recognize (I can tell
from lsusb) and I never have the option to give the Pin number.
How can I load the interface to give the PIN number?

Thank.

  Patrick DUPRÉ                |   |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org