Solution to RAID /boot issue in fc17?

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:42:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

I believe the ability to have /boot on RAID was removed in fc15 so in
fc16, /boot was a single partition, like /dev/sda1. I recently had my
primary disk fail on one of my systems, and recovering with a failed
sda was very difficult.

Has this issue been fixed in fc17? Is it now possible install RAID on
/boot so there are multiple disks that can be used to read the boot
information?

I still don't understand why LVM is the default layout method when
there is no redundancy. I also choose to create my own filesystem
layout, as tedious as it has become.

Is the 2MB BIOS BOOT partition necessary?

Thanks,
Alex