Issue with bash completion

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:55:53 UTC 2012

Hi Ed,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to add.....
>
> Before you call your command try typing
>
> complete | grep find_ext
>
> just to make sure that the current shell has the definition.

That's a good idea, sadly doesn't help and confirms my original
observation.

When I try the bove, I do see the completion function is assigned
correctly. However the function definition itself is absent.

  $ complete | grep find_ext
  complete -F _find find_ext
  $ find_ext [TAB] bash: completion: function `_find' not found
  $ declare -F _{find,xrandr,rsync,mplayer}; echo $?
  1

As you can see above, it is just not _find; I can't find any of the
other functions defined in /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/.

--
Suvayu