yum downloading its indexes all the time is a major PITA

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:13:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM, <sergiocmailbox-fedorausers at yahoo.com.br>wrote:

> I think it's configurable somewhere and the default is every 90 min.

That sounds like the right way to do things.

However, I looked at /etc/yum.conf and found nothing that resembles that.

---
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3
exclude=openoffice.org-ure*,libreoffice-ure*
--

(the last line added by me to prevet LO libs from stepping over Apache
OpenOffice 3.4 files)

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell