firewall configuring

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 14 05:20:56 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 13 November 2012, lee sent:
> Great, that is going to conflict with my shorewall configuration when I
> update.  And running another daemon process all the time for something
> that rarely ever changes once it's set up?  Adding even more
> dependencies with networkmanager?  Involving d-bus which is something
> nobody understands?  That just sucks.

I tend to agree.

However, I can see one need for a daemon, though wonder whether it does
anything about it:  Things that actually require dynamic firewall
configuration, such as the random port used by FTP, UPnP thingoes, et
cetera.  If it doesn't actually provide a solution to problems like
them, then what's the point?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 5 21:59:35 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.