Linux uncrackable...?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:54:50 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, jdow <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:
> My take away from this is that absolutely nothing except a totally
> disconnected machine in an impenetrable safe is uncrackable, even Fedora
> machines. Some form of "AV" tool is called for as well as routine checks
> with the various system check utilities. Even that won't prevent 100% of
> all attempts from succeeding. But it will help.

so that you sleep safe at night...

-----
 "According to CitizenLab's research and WikiLeaks cables, following
should be the supported features":

    Bypassing of 40 regularly tested Antivirus Systems
    Covert Communication with Headquarters
    Full Skype Monitoring (Calls, Chats, File Transfers, Video, Contact List)
    Recording of common communication like Email, Chats and Voice-over-IP
    Live Surveillance through Webcam and Microphone
    Country Tracing of Target
    Silent extracting of Files from Hard-Disk
    Process-based Key-logger for faster analysis
    Live Remote Forensics on Target System
    Advanced Filters to record only important information
    Supports most common Operating Systems (Windows, Mac OSX and Linux)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
------
source:
http://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/22202-FinFisher-The-Cyber-Espionage-Tool-Found-Everywhere.html

more here, including a mind-blowing account on how a special unicode
character and the awesome security of the windows shell is used to
trick users into seeing "something.jpg.exe" into "something.exe.jpg"
and double click on it...

https://citizenlab.org/2012/07/from-bahrain-with-love-finfishers-spy-kit-exposed/

but remember, they say Linux is supported...

FC
- George Orwell