installing fedora linux on Arnova 10

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 15:16:43 UTC 2012

> I'v got a tablet as well I'd love to put linux on, but during my
> investigations into the subject there doesn't appear to any graphics drivers
> for a tablet screen, which is why the current ubuntu on android uses vnc to
> access it.

The tablet graphics devices are no different to any others. The Ubuntu on
Android hack does it that way because Android uses its owmn
surfaceflinger rather than having X11 doing the work. Thus to share with
Android it goes via vnc.

So it depends what the tablet hardware is. Eg Linux runs fine on a lot of
the x86 based tablets as they are all PC compatible. For something liek
the Arnova hwever you'd need to follow up on the ARM port mailing lists
and see if a port has been done to that specific device or board type.

Alan