sylpheed updates on Fedora

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:54:47 UTC 2012

The sad thing is that any packet, even if it is an application which has a
large userbase both inside and outside Fedora, will drop dead if the
maintainer leaves (there does not seem to be a process in place for
replacing them). I was very surprised, for one, that the Netbeans IDE had
been dropped completely for Fedora 17. The framework is still there, but
the IDE is gone.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:00:52 -0500
> Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
> > I have been wondering about the lack of updates for sylpheed on Fedora.
> > Neither the stable 3.2 nor the new develomental 3.3.1 has been provided:
>
> I provide stable updates for Sylpheed on Centos here:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/el6
>
> Download sylpheed-3.2.0-1.src.rpm from my webpage, and do this:
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild sylpheed-3.2.0-1.src.rpm
>
> That will get you a Fedora binary of the latest stable version.
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
> www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
> --